Marissa M. Dennis is a litigation partner in our Los Angeles office. Marissa's litigation practice is focused on commercial, real estate and financial services litigation. Marissa commonly represents commercial landlords, tenants and developers in a variety of breach of contract and tort actions, as well as national lenders and servicers in complex consumer finance litigation. Marissa also has extensive experience representing technology companies in unfair competition and false advertising claims. Marissa has chaired numerous jury trials, bench trials, and arbitrations, and has argued before the California Court of Appeal and federal and state courts throughout California.
Prior to joining Allen Matkins, Marissa served as a judicial extern for the Honorable A. Howard Matz of the U.S. District Court, Central District of California, and interned at the White House, Office of Media Affairs, and at the Los Angeles Regional Office of United States Senator Barbara Boxer. Before becoming a lawyer, Marissa was a social worker working with abused and neglected children and the homeless population in South Los Angeles.
- California Minority Counsel Program, Board Member
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Thai American Bar Association
- Recipient, 2016 Southern California Most Powerful and Influential Women Award from the National Diversity Council
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers' Southern California Rising Stars (2014 - 2016)
As an undergraduate at the University of California, Los Angeles, Marissa completed her bachelor's degree with a major in political science and minor in public policy in 1998. She went on to obtain her Master of Social Welfare degree from UCLA in 2001. Marissa received her J.D. degree in 2006 from Loyola Law School where she was on the Dean's Honor List. While at Loyola, she served as a senior note and comment editor on the Loyola of Los Angeles International & Comparative Law Review and as a board member of the St. Thomas More Law Honor Society.
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals