David B. Stone is a partner based in our Los Angeles office. His practice concentrates on real estate acquisitions, sales, development and leasing. David represents investment companies, developers, life insurance companies, pension funds, banks, real estate investment trusts and other entities in connection with a wide variety of commercial real estate matters across the country. In connection with his leasing practice, David represents both landlords and tenants in office, retail, industrial, medical, shopping center and mixed-use projects throughout California, Washington, Colorado, Arizona and various other states. In the past 10 years, David has completed commercial leasing transactions totaling more than 12 million square feet, representing a broad range of clients from large institutional investors to small family-owned companies. In addition, David has extensive experience in the acquisition, disposition, financing and development of commercial office portfolios, retail and industrial centers, and multi-family developments located throughout the country.
David has spoken on expert panels for BOMA's Regional Market Update examining market conditions in office leasing and recently moderated a panel for Bisnow discussing the future of commercial real estate in the San Fernando Valley. In addition, he has guest lectured at the University of Southern California's Graduate School of Real Estate Development.
- American Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Leasing and Development Subsection, steering committee member
- BOMA Los Angeles, Government Affairs Committee member
- Urban Land Institute
- ULI Young Leaders' Partnership Forum, Co-Chairman (2006)
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers' Southern California Rising Stars (2014)
- Outstanding Young Lawyer Award, Los Angeles County Bar Association Real Property Section (2011)
- Named to Real Estate Southern California Magazine's Thirty Under Thirty: SoCal's Best and Brightest Rising Stars of Commercial Real Estate (2009)
David received his B.A., cum laude, from the University of Pennsylvania. He went on to obtain his J.D. from Loyola Law School.
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California