Elizabeth Clark is senior counsel in the firm’s San Francisco office and a member of our Real Estate department with extensive experience in commercial real estate and renewable energy project acquisitions, financing, development, construction, leasing, and dispositions. Her clients have included private, municipal, and non-profit entities that own renewable energy facilities and industrial, retail, and office projects, and golf clubs, such as the City of Alameda, Downtown Oakland and Lake Merritt/Uptown Community Benefit Districts, East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation, Port of Oakland, Summit Commercial Properties, Swig Company, SunPower, Universal Paragon, and the YMCA of the East Bay.
She also dedicates a significant amount of time to pro bono activities. The San Francisco Business Times honored Elizabeth for her volunteer work with the Low-Income Eviction Project for Landlords, a clinic that she founded and where she served as supervising attorney for many years. Elizabeth has also served as an officer of the Board of Directors of the YMCA of the East Bay and the Board of Directors of the Alameda County Volunteer Legal Services Corporation. Further, she has served as general counsel to the Downtown Oakland and Lake Merritt-Uptown Community Benefit Districts, which awarded Elizabeth for her outstanding contributions in 2011 and 2012.
Prior to moving to California, Elizabeth represented a wide array of international clients in the U.S. Virgin Islands. While there, she was president of the Virgin Islands Bar Association; and she served as a faculty member at the University of the Virgin Islands, teaching real property law and legal research. Before becoming an attorney, Elizabeth served as chief of staff to New York State Senator Franz S. Leichter.
- Sustainability Committee, ULI San Francisco (2015 – Present)
- YMCA of the East Bay, Board of Directors (2007 – 2013) and Officer (2011)
- Downtown Oakland and Lake Merritt-Uptown Community Benefit Districts, General Counsel (2010 – 2013)
- Alameda County Volunteer Legal Services Corporation, Board of Directors (2007 – 2012); Officer (2012); and Low Income Eviction Project for Landlords, Volunteer Supervising Attorney (2002 – 2011)
- American Bar Association, Diversity Committee of the State and Local Government Section (2006 – Present) and Co-Chair (2008 – 2011)
- Housing and Economic Rights Advocates, Board of Directors (2006 – 2011)
- U.S. Virgin Islands Bar Association, President (1994) and Board of Governors (1993 – 1997)
- Northern California Real Estate Women of Influence Honoree (2015)
- Downtown Oakland and Lake Merritt-Uptown Community Benefit Districts, Volunteer of the Year (2010 and 2011) and Award of Recognition (2013)
- Alameda County Bar Association, Individual Distinguished Service Award (2006)
- Alameda County Volunteer Legal Services Corporation, Mentor of the Year (2006) and Volunteer of the Year (2004)
San Francisco Business Times, Entrepreneur Profile (2005)
- Virgin Islands Bar Association, Award of Appreciation (1994, 1996 and 2001)
Elizabeth obtained her J.D. from the Columbia University School of Law in 1985 and her B.A. in political science from Hunter College of the City University of New York.
- New York
- U.S. Virgin Islands