Andrea L. Clay is a partner in the San Francisco office of Allen Matkins where she is a member of the firm's Real Estate Group. Andrea has broad real estate experience with a specialty in real estate finance. As lender's counsel, Andrea has originated or supervised in excess of 1,000 loans across the country and has dealt with all types of financing structures (including securitized and syndicated loans). Andrea's client list over the years includes some of the largest financial institutions in the United States and the world. Andrea has extensive experience in, and understands the collateral issues particular to, financing retail centers, office buildings, multifamily properties, hotels, warehouse and industrial properties, healthcare and nursing facilities, and residential subdivision developments. In addition to typical financing transactions, Andrea has extensive experience in all stages of construction financing from the initial acquisition loan to actual construction loans.
Andrea is a frequent speaker on the subject of mortgage lending for the Practicing Law Institute's annual Commercial Real Estate Institute and was a panelist at the 2009 American Bar Association Annual Meeting (Business Law Section) on the subject of real estate loan workouts.
- California Mortgage Bankers Association
- Episcopal Community Services, Executive Board Member – The largest provider in San Francisco of shelter, housing and services to the homeless and formerly homeless
- San Francisco Peninsula Delta Foundation, Board Member – A scholarship foundation for college bound youth
- Recognized as a "Woman of Influence" by Real Estate Forum (2008)
- Selected for inclusion in Northern California Super Lawyers (2007, 2012 - 2016)
- Named to the Daily Journal's Top 20 Under 40 (2006)
Andrea received her B.A. degree in economics in 1988 from the University of California, Los Angeles, and her J.D. and a Master's in business administration (with an emphasis in finance) in 1993 from the USC Gould School of Law. Andrea also served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Thomas B. Donovan of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California.