Amalia Goldvaser is a member of the firm's Corporate & Finance Department. Her practice areas include early stage companies, investment funds, mergers and acquisitions, real estate finance, and securities.
Amalia has a broad range of experience working with both public and private companies. Her practice focuses on all facets of corporate transactions including advising on complex multi-jurisdictional public and private M&A deals, securities disclosures and private equity investments. She has represented acquirer and target companies with stock purchases, asset sales, joint ventures and restructuring. Amalia also handles general corporate matters including corporate governance, SEC filings, shareholders' agreements, LLC agreements and other commercial agreements.
Prior to joining Allen Matkins, Amalia practiced at McLaughlin & Stern, LLP, one of New York's leading corporate and securities law firms. She also served as law clerk at various legal service organizations and for The Honorable E. Thomas Boyle, U.S. District Court (E.D.N.Y).
Amalia speaks Spanish, Hebrew and Russian.
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- Columbia College Young Alumni and Reunion Committees
- New York City Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Dress for Success Worldwide – West, Corporate Council member
- Los Angeles Center for Law and Justice, Leadership Council member
Amalia received her B.A. in European History at Columbia University, Columbia College, in 2005. In 2009, she received her J.D. from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law. While attending law school, Amalia was the Notes Editor of the Cardozo Journal of Law and Gender and published an article in the Fall 2008 issue.
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York