Jeffrey R. Patterson is General Counsel of the firm and the Managing Partner of the firm's San Diego office. Jeffrey practices in the Litigation Department, as well as the firm's Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Practice Group. Jeffrey represents clients in all areas of commercial litigation including contested matters and adversary proceedings in bankruptcy court. Jeffrey represents clients in many types of business and real property litigation, including contract, partnership, land use, landlord-tenant, construction and unfair competition cases. Jeffrey has expertise in representing lending institutions, portfolio purchasers and other secured lenders, as well as borrowers, in connection with foreclosure/receivership matters, relief from stay and contested chapter 11 confirmation proceedings.
Jeffrey has lectured on the subject of Civil Procedure and has authored articles regarding treatment of undersecured claims in chapter 11 bankruptcy and judicial perspectives on relief from the automatic stay.
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- San Diego Bankruptcy Forum
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- San Diego Bar Association
- American Bar Associations
- State Bar of California, Litigation and Real Property Sections
- Selected for inclusion in Southern California Super Lawyers (2007, 2008 and 2010)
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the field of Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2017)
- Martindale-Hubbell® A-V Preeminent Rating
Jeffrey received his A.B. from Duke University and his J.D. from the USC Gould School of Law.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals