Andrea M. Schoor is senior counsel in the firm's Los Angeles office, and part of the Litigation Department. She is a member of the Restructuring, Insolvency and Bankruptcy, Receivership, Lenders and Special Creditor's Remedies, and Commercial Finance practice groups. Andrea's practice focuses on representing lenders, receivers, developers, general contractors and other companies and individuals in litigation, bankruptcy and real estate matters in state, federal and bankruptcy courts. She regularly represents clients in cases involving claims for breach of contract, fraud, quiet title, wrongful foreclosure, slander of title, promissory estoppel, intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligence, elder abuse, violations of TILA, RESPA, and other common law, statutory and regulatory issues. Andrea advises clients and mediates disputes in those areas as well. Andrea also has experience representing SEC receivers, contractors in construction disputes, and has assisted with the defense of pharmaceutical and medical device companies in class actions and mass tort litigation. Andrea also prepares appellate briefs and writs.
Andrea is a volunteer at the Los Angeles County Bar Association's Domestic Violence Project, where she assists victims of domestic violence with applying for orders of protection. This continues the work Andrea did on behalf of domestic violence victims in St. Louis, Missouri, through Legal Advocates for Abused Women. Andrea is a board member of the Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, and co-chairs its Appointive Office Committee, which evaluates candidates for judicial and other appointed positions. In addition, Andrea was recently on the real estate track of the Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles' Community Leadership Institute as well as a member of the Anti-Defamation League’s Glass Leadership Institute.
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles (WLALA) Board of Governors, Appointive Office Co-Chair
- Financial Lawyers Conference
- Legal and Real Estate and Construction Divisions of the Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles
- Anti-Defamation League
- Lean In Los Angeles, Circle Leader
- The Guardians, Young Women’s Division, Los Angeles Jewish Home for the Aging
Andrea received her B.A. in English from the University of Pennsylvania. She spent one year at Pembroke College, Oxford, studying English Literature. She earned her J.D. from Washington University School of Law, where she served as executive articles editor of the Global Studies Law Review.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit