Amy Wintersheimer Findley is an employment litigation partner and seasoned trial lawyer located in the San Diego office. She handles employment matters in both state and federal court as well as appellate matters, and has successfully tried over 30 jury trials and numerous arbitrations. Amy’s practice involves all manner of employment disputes including wage and hour class actions, wrongful termination, harassment and discrimination lawsuits. She has extensive experience in general employment counseling, in conducting employee investigations and in dealing with issues involving employee raiding and solicitation, as well as non-competition issues.
Before joining Allen Matkins, she was a partner at Gray Cary Ware & Freidenrich from 1998 to 2004.
Amy is currently a member of the President’s Advisory Council for Xavier University. Amy is also actively involved in the community, having formerly served as a member of the Board of Directors of the San Diego Blood Bank and the Board of Directors of Big Brothers and Sisters of San Diego County. She was also an Adjunct Professor at San Diego State University teaching employment law.
- San Diego Volunteer Lawyers Program
- American Board of Trial Lawyers
- Federal Bar Association
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Named the Best Lawyers' San Diego Litigation – Labor & Employment "Lawyer of the Year" (2016)
- Listed as one of San Diego Business Journal's Best of the Bar (2014)
- Top Employment Lawyers, Daily Journal (2010)
- Named among the San Diego Daily Transcript’s annual list of Top Influentials
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the field of Litigation - Labor & Employment (2011 - 2017)
- Selected for inclusion in San Diego Super Lawyers (2007 - 2017)
- Selected for inclusion in San Diego Magazine’s Top Lawyers edition (2012)
- Regularly listed as one of San Diego's Top Attorneys by San Diego Daily Transcript
Amy received her J.D. from University of Michigan Law School (1992) and her B.A., cum laude, from Xavier University (1989).
- All California state courts
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- All Texas state courts