Construction & Homebuyer Class Actions
Allen Matkins also has substantial experience in defending homebuilders and condominium developers in class actions brought by owners, buyers and owners' associations. These actions include putative classes nationwide, statewide and project-wide.
Examples of relevant allegations in these matters include:
- Construction defects (both in individual homes and units, and common areas)
- Square footage measurements
- Insufficient financial qualification of buyers, leading to foreclosures
- Failure to deliver promised amenities
- Excessive association dues
- Failure to disclose property conditions
With Allen Matkins' well-known expertise in real estate matters, we are uniquely positioned to handle these matters efficiently and effectively. Allen Matkins attorneys have substantive expertise in the burgeoning case law involving the application of arbitration agreements to class proceedings, and have been in the vanguard of applying recent decisions in ongoing contested matters.