Allen Matkins advises investment banking firms on the issuance of fairness opinions and the provision of related financial advisory services, including:
- Engagement letters
- Presentation materials for boards of directors and special committees
- Opinion and valuation letters
- Transaction document review and advice
- Negotiation support
- Opinion due diligence
- Reviewing and assisting with the preparation of presentation materials to boards of directors and special committees
- Disclosure materials for public and private company transactions, SEC and other third party comments, and SEC and NASD inquiries
We also assist investment banking firms structure transactions and handle issues that arise in connection with the negotiations.
At the suggestion of our investment banking firm clients, we often serve as co-counsel or transaction counsel for acquirers or target companies in M&A transactions. We assist these companies with a complete range of services, from preparing and negotiating transaction documents to handling employee and stock option issues to preparing and filing SEC documents.
We are very sensitive to the risks investment banking firms face when providing financial advisory services and rendering fairness opinions. Allen Matkins attorneys have counseled investment banking firms in liability issues confronting investment bankers in M&A transactions as well as ways of reducing exposure. We have also provided seminars on these topics to investment banking firms, as part of a “risk minimization” program.