Allen Matkins’ land use attorneys counsel private corporations and nonprofit organizations in all areas of affordable housing development.
Our attorneys also leverage the firm’s expertise in government advocacy and lobbying in connection with project approvals, financing and site acquisitions—one key to success in the affordable housing world is adept navigation of the political and community interests.
Our work includes:
- Site acquisition
- Tenant relocation
- Real estate due diligence and acquisitions
- Corporate formation and restructuring
- Public-private partnerships
- Owner participation agreements
- Inverse condemnation actions
- Land use covenants
- Sales and leasing documentation
- Condominium and association formation
- Disposition and development agreements and other pre-development and acquisition loan agreements
- Lending and financing vehicles
- Conventional lending
- Low- and moderate-income housing funds
- New market tax credits
- Four percent and nine percent low-income tax credits
- Tax increment financing
- Other local, state and federal financing programs
Our affordable housing work is complemented by expertise elsewhere at Allen Matkins in redevelopment and land use law, corporate, construction and tax law, as well as brownfields and environmental law.