The Allen Matkins natural resources team helps clients with issues related to laws and regulations such as the:
- State and federal Endangered Species Acts
- State and federal Clean Water Acts
- State and federal air quality laws
- Laws governing the clean up of contaminated properties
- Laws requiring preservation of cultural and historic resources
- Regulation of water supplies
- Regulations governing coastal resources
We advise our clients so their projects can proceed in a manner that protects the precious resources surrounding the project site and comply with the various regulatory regimes, while maximizing value and minimizing project costs to the extent practicable. We are known for successful, cost-effective and often innovative results for our clients.
Our work includes:
- Compliance with multi-species habitat plans
- Negotiation and approval of habitat conservation plans
- Natural community conservation plans
- 404 wetland permits
- 401 water quality certifications
- 1602 streambed alteration agreements
- Section 10 take permits
- Section 2081 take agreements
- Section 7 consultations
In addition, we have worked closely with various Native American tribes and state and federal agencies to resolve conflicts between development activities and the preservation of cultural and historic resources.
For more information, please see our Environmental & Natural Resources services.